Some days ago I stumbled upon a poster of Celestina infernal, an adaptation of Celestina by Teatro Corsario whose principal feature is that it is entirely played by puppets. Although this concept is not totally new (I am thinking of Carolina Calema’s or Bambalina Teatre Practicable’s versions), the aesthetics absolutely are, as Teatro Corsario’s puppets are darker, somehow more grotesque and definitely more sexual. One further original aspect is that puppeteers are not on stage, so that Celestina infernal is a marionette-only show.
Until the end of 2021, Celestina infernal will be running in different Spanish and Portuguese cities:
- 26/08/2021: Ciudad Rodrigo, Sala Tierra 12:30 and 17:30 (Feria de Teatro de Castilla y León)
- 14/09/2021: Zaragoza, Teatro de las Esquinas, 19:30 (Festival Rayuela)
- 30/09-03/10/2021: Valladolid, Teatro Calderón, Sala Delibes, 20:00
- 06/10/2021: Maia, Festival FITC
- 16/10/2021: Segovia, Teatro Juan Bravo
- 06/11/2021: Lousada, Festival Folia
- 20/11/2021: San Sebastián, Teatro Principal
- 17/12/2021: Ponferrada, Teatro Bergidum
- 18/12/2021: Toledo, Teatro Fernando de Rojas
More information at the official website.